Competitive Rates and an Easy, Hassle-Free Loan Application and Approval Process.
Residential Mortgage Loans
Maquoketa State Bank offers a selection of various fixed rate mortgage loan programs to finance or refinance your dream home. We offer pre-approvals as well as a variety of loan programs. See one of our mortgage lenders to find out more about all we offer and what will work best for you.
Conventional Loans are a more main stream loan, but are not backed or guaranteed by the government as FHA, VA and RD loans are. Conventional loan amounts can range from $30,000 to $417,000 for conforming conventional loans, with down payments for these loans of 5% and up. Smaller mortgage loan amounts are available. Loans above $417,000 are available; they are considered Non-Conforming Conventional loans or Jumbo Loans. Terms for conventional loans can be varied and flexible for borrowers with good credit, down payments and reserves.
Building a new home? Maquoketa State Bank offers Construction loans. Construction loans are short term loans with flexible term lengths. Typically interest only payments are required during the construction period.
USDA (US Department of Agriculture) loans are often referred to as RD (Rural Development) loans. This comes from their name which is Rural Development 502 Guaranteed Home Loan Program. RD Loans allow borrowers to borrow up to 100% of the purchase price of their loans, and are guaranteed by the USDA. This 100% financing opportunity is for home loans in rural and suburban areas around the country. As an added value the USDA will allow you to roll in closing costs up to the appraised value of the property.
To be eligible for the RD loan the new home
- Must be located in an area deemed eligible by the USDA
- Must meet USDA program income requirements which may vary by state and county. All income producing individuals over age 18 that will occupy the home will be included in the total household income.
Iowa Finance Authority's
First Home & First Home Plus Programs
Iowa Finance Authority's First Home and First Home Plus programs provide an affordable home purchase option for moderate income households. In some instances, borrowers can qualify for up to $2500 in grants for down payment and closing cost assistance. The website for Iowa Finance Authority is www.iowafinanceauthority.gov
Expert mortgage lenders......offering new home construction, refinancing, home mortgage loans, or first time home buyer programs.
The following information is usually required during the loan process:
- Your Social Security number
- Previous two years W-2 forms
- Current pay stubs and your tax returns for the past two years
- Bank statements for the past two months
- Investment account statements for the past two months
- Recent retirement account statements
- Credit card balances and monthly payment information
- Auto loan balances and monthly payment information
- Personal loan balances and monthly payment information
If you currently own Real Estate:
- Mortgage account information
- Home insurance policy information
- Home equity account information (if applicable)
Contact Us for more information.